If you said one of these things to me, don't worry - I forgive you, but I probably bitched about it to someone at some point. It's really okay though. Here we go:
7. (INSERT PERSONAL EXPERIENCE) That's what worked for us! Okay, great. I didn't know you were me. Oh, wait.
6. Enjoy your time together, don't be in a hurry. Um, okay - thanks father time.
5. Just stop trying and it will happen. What? Super helpful. Shut up.
4. Throw away the ovulation kits, thermometers and other tracking stuff, then it will happen! Gee, thanks. But not really.
3. We got pregnant on the first try! You did? Really?! That's so - well that's annoying. I want to punch you in the neck. Shut up. No Seriously, shut up.
2. Relax! Don't stress and it will happen. Oh? Thanks Yoda.
1. You have plenty of time. Oh do I? Thanks so much - I had no idea you knew the exact lifespan of my eggs. Shut up.
In the scheme of things we were not trying that long, about six months. But add in the unexpected stress of not having a period for a couple months (kind of important when you want to have a baby), the doctor doubting the dates the ovulation tests are saying your ovulating and having (what seems like) everyone around you get pregnant (on their first try, without even trying, etc., etc.) and six months can seem like a lifetime.
And it was long enough to hear all of these doozies, some several times. I know you mean well, but it doesn't help. Telling me not to worry/stress didn't make it magically stop. And telling me I have plenty of time is well, a blatant lie. We all know women have a certain time frame in which this baby thing can happen. I might have "plenty of time" if I get pregnant right away, but if I don't and then there is testing and more trying and more testing and then finally a pregnancy...and that doesn't even include wanting more than one child. So....no one really knows how much time a person has to have a baby. It's not reassuring, it's annoying.
Ahhhh, I feel better. :) With that out of the way I will get to the actual "pregnancy" posts. Stay tuned...